21/09/2013

Purpose & Introduction

Purpose

Hi, I'm Tom Bedford and this blog is a compilation of any creative works I write.
That's a cheesey introduction I know, and at least you know that anything follows is better than that.
I started this blog on 21/09/13 as a way to exhibit my works to random strangers so that I could avoid the usual 'yeeeeah that's good!' sting every time you show some-one your work in real life. I plan to go to University to study Creative Writing (and literature, obviously) and so I need to have all the honest criticism I can get. I have not usually been a prolific, ambitious or outspoken writer and if I plan to have any future in writing, I need to change these traits. Therefore this blog will be my outlet for any odd nuggets of writing I create, as well as a way to publish any of my past works I feel would enlighten the lives of readers.

Introduction

I can only assume that if you've read this far you have some interest in my work, so firstly thanks for enduring that dull waffle that was the 'Purpose' section. I have to pretend I'm a serious guy. If you read my works, you'll begin to understand that I am anything but 'serious', and the reason is that I'm sick of such works. I'm sick of serious dramas, serious biographies, serious horror, serious comedy. My creed is that everything should be fun. Now don't get me wrong- a serious tone can always be used and most of my favourite works are serious, but there always been to be an counter-venom to all the moody and gritty texts I read. Hopefully, that'll be me. So if you're ever in need of cheering up, of a new viewpoint, of a reason to laugh or cry, or just a reason to be counter-productive and waste an afternoon, hopefully you'll stop here.

That Obligatory Part About Me

Some say I live in the shadows, only coming out at night. Others say that I am always hiding in plain view, ready to swoop down in our hour of need to save the day. All they can agree on is that I... Oh, this isn't the film about me? Bugger. Yeah, this is going to be one boring section.
I'm in Year 13 of school, ready to make the big leap in to University in a year, on the threshold of being a child and being a slightly bigger child in a strange town. For my A2 levels I study English Literature, English Language and Music (but we don't talk about the latter). Regarding books, films and gaming of which I am in to all three, I love comedy and buddy-cop films, satirical/comedy and sci-fi novels, and RPG games.
I realise this all my be boring, so I'm going to stop talking and just post some of my work. Hopefully it'll give you a bigger picture.
Thanks for reading this all (if you did). Tom out.
21/09/2013 21:30

No comments:

Post a Comment